Friday, April 5, 2013

Medals4Mettle Process

Medals prepped and read to donate!
Proof I keep all the addresses!
A lot of people ask how i manage medal donations for M4M so i wanted to share my process.

Step 1:  see package by my door and figure it is probably medals (my son has learned not to get excited when he sees a flat rate USPS box)

Step 2:  open box and save the return address if one is marked.  I also keep two bins of medals;  one with people that fill out legacy forms and one box for those that don't.  If you fill out a legacy form, i then rubberband your form around your medals and/or but them in a zippy bag so they don't separate.

Step 3: find worth recipients (in 2012: Miseracordia,  Mercy Home for Boys and Girls & Relay for Life were the big groups we works with along with many individual recipients) and present them medals with the M4M ribbon on the medal.  Many times, I ask the recipients if they like certain things to try to match up the medals with their likes.  If i pick from my bin with the legacy cards, i always make sure i attach that with the medal.

Step 4:  send thank you notes. With M4M, i normally send out thank yous twice a year and was pretty consistent .. except for all of last year.

Last week, I have gone through all of the addresses and sent LONG OVERDUE thank you postcards.   52 to be exact. Although they are really late to some, i figured "better late than never" (and yes, i even included that wording on the postcard.  Ironically, I got a email from HQ after I started this overdue project reminding all chapters how important thank-you's are.

So, to those that have ever donated to M4M, thank you.  We truly appreciate your donation and so thankful for your generosity.  We thank you!  (even if the Chicago Chapter is a little late on the uptick)

***********also, if any of you know of any worthy recipients that you believe would benefit from a medal, please let me know.  I am ALWAYS looking for good people that deserve medals!**************




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I have a friend who was interested in donating medals, so I am going to send her this link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thanks so much. She can email me if she wants as well!

      Delete
  2. Good to learn more about this process! I'd been meaning to send some off before I even realized that I "knew" you! Now I'll get them in the mail that much quicker!

    ReplyDelete